Aloha! I have been blogging for over a year now & I have got to know some of you quite well. I thought it would be interesting to write 10 things about myself that you (probably) didn’t know. I would love it if you could also join in & write a similar post on your own blog. It would be so nice to get to know every one a little better!
1. I love old black & white movies. I have a particular fondness of the Marx Brothers, totally incredible & way before their time. My favourite old movies include ‘The Ghost & Mrs Muir’ which stars the beautiful Gene Tierney. I also love ‘Blithe Spirit’ which stars the wonderful Margaret Rutherford, one of my favourite actresses.
2. My name is actually Katie but I much prefer being called Kate. In fact, only my Mum & my 2 Nana’s call me Katie!
3. My Grandad was Irish & was the most incredible man I have ever known. He was so kind, generous & funny. He could always make me laugh no matter what. He died when I was 9 years old & it breaks my heart that he never got to see my Brother & I grow up. I saw him for the last time 2 days before his death & I never got to say a proper goodbye. I would love to spend just one more day with him.
4. I love Metal & Rock music! This is mostly because of my Dad, he use to play Metallica to me when I was young & now they are my favourite band. My Fiance & I have been to see countless bands. Metallica, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Nickelback, Iron Maiden, Black Label Society, Black Stone Cherry & Machine Head are just a handful of the bands we have seen live.
5. I am quite a quiet person. No real reason for this, I just am.
6. I am obsessed with Marilyn Monroe. She is my favourite actress & I basically just adore her. She was so beautiful & talented & had an amazing sense of fashion. I have countless books on her & I also have a tattoo of her on my ankle. Plus, I am sure you noticed my wallpaper, right?
7. My Nana once told me she was a Gypsy. One of the real ones that actually travel around & are free spirits, not those you find on ‘My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding’. Anyway, it turns out she was joking but since then I have always thought of myself as the boho/gypsy type, maybe I am crazy? I don’t know haha!
8. Most of my childhood was spent in the garden with my Dad. I was (still am) a Daddy’s Girl. I would spend hours in the garden with my dad planting pretty flowers. I even had my own special part of the garden to do what I pleased. It was filled with daisies, all varieties & I also had a clay rabbit, which sadly my Dad accidentally dropped & beheaded! We also had a large Cherry Blossom Tree in the middle of our garden. It was beautiful & I loved it. Sadly it only blossomed for a few weeks of the year & so my Dad cut it down. I never forgive him for it!
9. Chris & I have been together for almost 7 years. We met at college & have been inseparable ever since. I love him more that anything, he truly is my soul mate!
10. Passing my driving test was one of the best days of my life. My parents kindly bought me my very own car – I am a lucky girl! Now I have my own freedom & it feels great!
So, there it is, 10 things you didn’t know about me. I hope you will all join in too, I would love to hear a little more about you all!
10 thoughts on “10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me”
I love this list. 🙂 Somehow you seem like a Daddy’s Girl to me – I have no idea how. I like #9, too. My favorite thing to do in the world is hang out with Nate. He makes me laugh. He loves to make me happy and we dream big together and inspire each other.
Aww haha thank you 🙂 Aww that is so sweet, it is lovely when you meet someone like that 🙂
Aw I love this! Learning more about the bloggers I read daily is always so nice :).
Aww thank you sweetie 🙂 I am glad you like it
So nice to get to know you better, Katie 😉 Poor little clay rabbit, I can totally imagine myself dropping something of my childrens and be like ups….. 😀 I know what you mean about your parents music taste, my dad always played me old time rock’n’roll and country music and I really enjoy them also now. I actually never noticed your wallpaper before 😀
Haha thank you 🙂 Ahh, it is nice to know your Dad also had an influence on your musical taste, I also love country music! 🙂
Such an interesting post Kate, we have the same musical tastes 🙂
Oh wow, you have great taste in music Daniella! 🙂
Oh I love it! What a great post, I’m also a huge fan of black & white movies.
Thank you, Caroline. They are the best kind of movie 🙂